Explore Routine Login

Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract

Our database includes 990 products that contain Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract.

Explained

Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract comes from the cucumber. Cucumis Sativus is native to South Asia and can now be found on every continent.

Cucumbers are mostly made up of water (95%), and the other 5% is composed of: vitamin C, caffeic acid, fatty acids, amino acids, and other minerals.

Cucumbers have anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and hydrating properties.

Vitamin C and Caffeic acid are potent antioxidants that may help with anti-aging. Antioxidants help neutralize free-radical molecules, or unstable molecules that may damage our skin cells and DNA.

Cucumbers contain shikimate dehydrigenase, an enzyme shown to help reduce inflammation and soothe the skin. The amino acids help nourish our skin's natural acid mantle. Our acid mantle is formed from the mixing of sebum and sweat. This slightly acidic film acts as a barrier to protect us from bacteria, viruses, and other contaminants.

Unless you have an allergy to cucumbers, it is generally a non-irritating ingredient.

Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract is a rare cosmetic ingredient, with about 2.1% of the products in our database containing it.

What it does:

Emollient, Skin Conditioning

Community Stats

44 people from our community have liked or disliked this ingredient.

Users who like it 💖

Often have the following skin types:

Sensitive Normal

Usually have one or more of the following skin concerns:

Sensitivity • Fine Lines • Dryness • Redness

Where it's used

Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract is most often found as ingredient number 16 within an ingredient list.

These are the categories of products that use Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract the most:

CosIng Data

  • CosIng ID: 55603
  • INCI Name: CUCUMIS SATIVUS FRUIT EXTRACT
  • EC #:  289-738-4
  • All Functions: Emollient, Skin Conditioning
What is CosIng?

CosIng is the European Commission database for information on cosmetic substances and ingredients.

SkinSort uses CosIng to source some of it's data on ingredient names and functions.