Our database has 230 products that contain Titanium Dioxide.
Titanium dioxide is known for its UVA and UVB protection properties.
Titanium itself is the 9th most common element in the Earth's crust. Titanium dioxide is formed when oxygen is introduced and can be found in ores, dust, sand, and soil.
Pure titanium dioxide is a white powder that is used in many products for color purposes.
With modern production, nano-scale or fine-grade titanium dioxide can be easily produced for cosmetics. In sunscreen, titanium dioxide absorbs UV light.
Read more here: https://www.chemicalsafetyfacts.org/titanium-dioxide/
Titanium dioxide (CI 77891)
What it is:
Want to like or dislike this ingredient?Join SkinSort For Free
Titanium Dioxide Stats
- Titanium Dioxide is a somewhat common cosmetic ingredient.
- 6% of products in our database contain it.
3 users have liked this ingredient
Products With Titanium Dioxide:
- CosIng ID: 38617
- INCI Name: TITANIUM DIOXIDE
- INN Name: titanium dioxide
- EC #: 236-675-5
- Ph. Eur. Name: titanii dioxidum
- All Functions: Cosmetic Colorant, Opacifying, UV Absorber, UV Filter
CosIng is the European Commission database for information on cosmetic substances and ingredients.
SkinSort uses CosIng to source some of it's data on ingredient names and functions.