Our database has 361 products that contain Salicylic Acid.
Salicylic Acid is also known as a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), which means it helps to exfoliate the face. It is a common acne treatment ingredient.
In medicine, salicylic acid is found in Aspirin, derived from willow bark. Fun fact: willow bark has been found in ancient Egyptian text as a fever reducer.
What it is:
Want to like or dislike this ingredient?Join SkinSort For Free
Salicylic Acid Stats
- Salicylic Acid is a somewhat common cosmetic ingredient.
- 8% of products in our database contain it.
19 users have liked this ingredient
2 users have disliked this ingredient
Products With Salicylic Acid:
- CosIng ID: 37595
- INCI Name: SALICYLIC ACID
- INN Name: salicylic acid
- EC #: 200-712-3
- Ph. Eur. Name: acidum salicylicum
- All Functions: Antidandruff, Hair Conditioning, Keratolytic, Masking, Preservative, Skin Conditioning
CosIng is the European Commission database for information on cosmetic substances and ingredients.
SkinSort uses CosIng to source some of it's data on ingredient names and functions.