Our database has 261 products that contain Propylene Glycol.
A humectant that helps stabilize a product’s freeze/thaw temperature.
There are a plethora of articles on the internet that delve into the science of this product and why it is used in cosmetics.
Alternate name: Propane-1,2-diol
Want to like or dislike this ingredient?Join SkinSort For Free
Propylene Glycol Stats
- Propylene Glycol is a somewhat common cosmetic ingredient.
- 10% of products in our database contain it.
Products With Propylene Glycol:
- CosIng ID: 37269
- INCI Name: PROPYLENE GLYCOL
- INN Name: propylene glycol
- EC #: 200-338-0
- Ph. Eur. Name: propylenglycolum
- All Functions: Humectant, Skin Conditioning, Solvent, Viscosity Controlling
CosIng is the European Commission database for information on cosmetic substances and ingredients.
SkinSort uses CosIng to source some of it's data on ingredient names and functions.