For many of us, beauty is a hobby and activity we do on a daily basis. This isn't the case for everyone. Hygiene, skincare, haircare, and beauty is harder to come by for many around the world.
Many organizations are working to empower and better both people and animals. We've compiled a list of active organizations on a mission to give back.
If you are interested in giving back to the community, please reach out to these organizations!
This is an ongoing list. If you know of an organization from your locale that should be on this list, please let us know using the feedback button on the bottom-right!
Women and Families
Project Beauty Share provides personal hygiene, cosmetics and beauty products to non-profit organizations who serve women and families overcoming abuse, addiction, homelessness and poverty. The goal is to help restore hope and dignity in their lives. This organization is based in Spokane, Washington.
Cosmetics for a Cause provides makeup to non-profits that focus on women in need. Their mission is to empower and improve the self esteem of women searching for employment, recovering from abuse or cancer, and living in safe houses. Their slogan? “Outer Beauty \ Inner Strength.” Cosmetics for a Cause is based in Jupiter, Florida.
Cut it Forward works to provide specific hair and skin care resources for foster and adopted children of color and their caregivers. They also provide educational workshops hair and skincare products for families. On top of that, they are building a network of trauma-informed barbers and stylists for providing professional services. They are headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Beauty Becomes You is an organization bringing basic hygiene programs to the senior community. Their programs include massage therapy, hair, nail care, skin care, and gentle foot care for Diabetics. Their aim is help bring respect and happiness for senior citizens. This organization is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Below is a list of organizations that focus on rehabilitating animals previously from laboratories. Some allow for pet adoption while others focus on giving these animals a sanctuary to spend their remaining years.
- New Life Animal Sanctuary is located in Lake Elsinore, California.
- Beagle Freedom Project is based in Los Angeles, California but have sister organizations in France and Australia.
- Chimp Haven has a chimp sanctuary in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Care for Skin are physicians helping to improve lives by providing surgery and skin replacement. Their patients are those who have suffered loss of skin due to accidents, tumors, burns, scars or genetic abnormalities. This organization works with patients all around the world.
SkinCancer.org works to educate about skin cancer. Their goal is to save lives by taking a proactive approach to sun protection. For those who have been diagnosed, SkinCancer.org also has a support community and helpful resources.
American Academy of Dermatology Association provides community grants to help underserved areas to deliver Good Skin Knowledge lesson plan training to children ages 8-13.
There are many organizations and people working hard to uplift others, including our animal friends.
As this is an ongoing list, please reach out if you know of any organizations from your country!